There’s many Dynamic DNS clients; some support Route53. All of them seem to have a bunch of dependencies or be platform specific. Go is really good for this, so why not cook something up really quick?
So why this release?
First and foremost: It’s entirely possible something out there does what I want it to. However, the aim here was a few things:
- I want to compile to a single executable
- I wanted cross-platform compatability
- I wanted to not be dependent upon the AWS CLI credential provider
Neat. This solved those items!
- Extract the 7z into a directory; for me;
- Open a command prompt; navigate to the directory
- Give it the info
You can then run this by hand; or run via Windows Task Scheduler.
(Note if you run via task scheduled; it’s really important to set the
Start In property to the directory with the exe/toml file (e.g.